Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday Motivation!

So many people have a negative view of Mondays. Not here at "The positive stepmom" though. I like to look at Mondays as a clean slate - a fresh start, if you will, to a whole new week of opportunities.
      It is especially helpful to have a positive start to the week when you are a stepmom. At our house Mondays are the days when the SS and I get to hang out while my hubby is working. Mondays are usually the first day of the week that the SS and I are together after he has been gone to his mom's house for the weekend.
           So I like to keep it simple. We have a kid friendly dinner, usually mac-n-cheese and corndogs. We have a low key evening and just get back into our routine for the week. It helps A LOT to keep it simple and fun! When I first became a stepmom it was REALLY hard for me to adjust to my SS being back home after the weekend. It was even harder when my husband was gone. Me alone with this child. It was SCARY. Two and a half years later though, it feels natural and it all goes fine.
   A yummy treat that we made the other day was White Chocolate Popcorn.

1 bag of nestle white chocolate chips
1 bag of Chesters puff corn-butter flavor

Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave till smooth, pour over the puff corn and mix til it is evenly coated. I like to let the chocolate set-up a little bit before eating it.

See super simple and easy and SO good!!!
So if you are new to being a stepmom keep it simple and establish something easy that you can handle doing with your stepson/daughter. And if you have established something that you like to do with your step child please leave a comment!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment