Friday, February 3, 2012

Eating from the pantry

For the last few months I have been stockpiling goods into our pantry. After we moved into our house I realized that we had  a lot of food that needed to be eaten sooner than later. Also The hubby and I decided that we needed to get a better hold on our finances. We don't have a lot of excessive expenses every month, but there are always places to cut back on right?
      I have read various blogs about eating from your pantry/freezer for a month. Since we have a lot of goods in our pantry I figure now is a good time to start. I started by taking an inventory of the pantry and freezer. Then I wrote down some quick meal ideas. It has worked out well so far this week.
And what were we left with at the end of the week? An assortment of leftovers!  Left overs are not always my favorite-but I would rather eat them up than throw them away after only a few days. So far we have not had to eat out at all for dinners this week. That means extra$$$ in our wallet at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment